Events: Drop-In Programs Open All
The Loft hosts Craft Chats, Panel Discussions, Write-Ins, Social Events, Book Parties, and more. Everyone is welcome at any event on this page, even if you are new to the Loft! No registration necessary. Feel free to drop an email to writersloftma (at) gmail (dot) com if you have questions or are interested in attending.
Attendance is usually free (or discounted) for Members of the Loft. Donations are requested from non-members for all events other than Social.
Up your word count on Friday, September 19th from 10am-2pm for the first in our planned monthly Write-Ins. Drop in for all or part of the day to write. Take a break at noon to chat over bagged lunches (we’ll provide the tea and coffee).
This event is open to all. donation; Members Free.
Prompt & Potluck Soiree
Looking for inspiration and an excuse to nosh and hang with friends? Join us for a Prompt & Potluck Soiree on Sunday, October 5th from 1–4pm.
The prompt is: Unaware
Here’s how it works:
- Look at the writing prompt and write something that incorporates it in whatever way makes sense to you. (For example if the prompt were “spices” you could write about cooking…a character with a spicy little attitude…someone named Coriander Allspice…) Write a picture book, a short story or flash fiction piece, a scene from a longer WIP, whatever you want.
- Sign up to bring either an appetizer, a dessert, or a drink.
- Come. Eat. Socialize. And share your piece. First drafts are acceptable, even encouraged.
This event is free and open to all.
Teen Writing Workshop Series
Are you a teen interested in writing a novel or participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)? Join us for a series of FREE writing workshops on Sundays in November from 2-4pm.
- November 2: Erin Dionne on Plot
- November 9: Kerri Majors on Character through Dialogue
- November 16: Anna Staniszewski on Conflict & Tension
- November 23: AC Gaughen on Creating a Unique Voice
- November 30: Q and A on Writing with Heather Kelly, Writers’ Loft Founder
Registration Required. Register Here for Free.
For more information, email writersloftma[at]gmail[dot]com.
Holiday Bazaar Book Fair
Join us on Saturday, December 6th in the afternoon to celebrate all the Loft book successes! Get ready to support your fellow writers and get your holiday shopping done all in one day. We’ll have speakers and signings and books galore! If you are a published author, please RSVP to writersloftma [at] gmail [dot] com to let us know you would like to bring your books to sell.
This event is free and open to the public.
And more coming soon …